MoonWomb™ ☾ Organic Body, Pregnancy and Feeding Pillow - Linen Terra
This generously sized multifunctional, organic body pillow checks all of the boxes for anyone who wants a supportive rejuvenating restful sleep. You may be pregnant, feeding a baby, using a laptop in bed, recovering from surgery, have back pain, trouble sleeping, or just want luxurious rest with a moon pillow made of high quality materials.
- Improves blood circulation to the legs, thereby preventing muscle tension, sore knees, and achy legs, excellent cervical pillow
- Supports the weight of your womb taking pressure off of your hips, pelvis and tailbone.
- Helps obtain proper sleeping posture, side sleeper pillow to prevent rolling onto your back.
- Helps those with varicose veins, swollen legs, tired feet and ankles. Drastically helps reduce Vulvar varicosities during the night.
- Prevents hips from rotating and rolling over while you sleep.
- Supports the lower body and relieves lower back pain by positioning your legs, hips, knee and spine in the correct anatomical alignment
- Reduces stress on knees and provides relief from sciatica and cervical issues.
- Eliminates pressure and muscle tension in your lower back and hips by preventing spinal pulling.
- Reduces tension, headaches and migraines.
- Body temperature regulation, no sweating, stays the ideal temp due to constant airflow.
- Anti allergen and dust mite resistant.
- Reduces and blocks emf exposure to womb.
- Zero chemicals, pesticides, flame retardants or synthetic materials. Biodegradable.
- Ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Fall asleep faster and achieve better sleep overall.
Chances are you’ve tried a commercial body pillow, cervical, pregnancy or nursing pillow and it didn’t quite work the way you had imagined. You may have found yourself overheating, sweating, tossing and turning, precious hours of sleep lost to an uncomfortable foam & polyester pillow fight. Battle no more.
Our Sabakawa style Moon pillow comes with all the benefits that have been recognized for centuries. In the eastern world, using a buckwheat hull support pillow is common practice, for good reason. Revered for being ultra supportive, grounding and comforting. This pillow is mindfully designed to be versatile, durable, and helpful for a multitude of positions. Adding a unique style to any room, they can and will be enjoyed by the whole family for years to come. These are the “slow fashion” of pillows, responsibly and consciously handcrafted to be renewable and compostable.
Naturally sensory weighted, soothing and supportive. The triangular structure of these tiny hulls fit together in a perfect geometric pattern, this allows for constant ventilation and temperature regulation. They form to your body and have low compression which means it won’t flatten out or slide away from you. Similarly to being in the womb, just the right temp, surrounded in comfort.
Differences from the most common pillow fillings.
Organic Buckwheat Hulls
High-Unique triangular structure allows for constant ventilation. Naturally Anti-Allergen.
Low- poly fill has shown to cause dangerous levels of overheating, especially in children. Traps heat, cold and moisture
Very Low-overheating and sweating common
Sensory-mimics being held, stays in position
Falls away from you, easily rolled off
Does not form to body.
Pushes away from body, does not form to body
LOW- forms to body and does not break down or flatten
HIGH- easily flattens, does not maintain support, flattens out
MEDIUM- compresses depending on weight, bulky and squishes down losing support
None, Hulls are the exterior of the seed used for grain, excellent for soil and composting
High concerns- contributes to a massive amount of pollution to process. 200+ years to decompose
High if it is a standard foam, low-medium for enviro safe plant based foam. Processing contributes to environmental damage.
Yes, replace hulls at any time
Majority of standard pillows are made from synthetic material. Typically with foam or polyfill. Some may have an organic cover with a synthetic inside filling. Be sure to check the entire materials list to know for sure.
The MoonWomb pillow can be beneficial for anyone, especially mothers. Deigned to be a versatile pillow that will relieve your growing belly and pelvis pressure. Because of the low compression, it takes the weight off of your hips, pelvis and spine. You will find that this minimalistic design is much more comfortable and functional than the bulky pregnancy pillows found in large retailers. It is a must have pillow for love making while pregnant. You can use it under your tailbone to support your body and maintain comfort at an angle so your belly has room.
Using the pillow to lay on your tummy, you can shape the pillow into a semi circle and lie down into child’s pose with your belly in the center and your upper body resting on the moon. The hulls hold a lot of weight without compressing so you can enjoy some time to rest your back.
During birth your moon pillow will also help you with lowering baby into the birth canal. Sitting on the middle of the moon with the sides pulled into the center, rest your legs gently over the sides, the opening in the middle will allow your pelvis to sink and open allowing baby to transition lower. It is also a wonderful resting space for laboring because it takes the weight off of your arms. If you are on all fours, lay into childspose with your chest hitting mid moon, similar to the belly relief position. This will give you a nice break from supporting yourself through contractions.
- All materials are 100% organic.
- Ability to position in variety of ways without bouncing back.
- Stable formable large surface that has unmatched support allowing you to have use of your hands will feeding.
- Supports all feeding positions and is an excellent nursing pillow for twins.
- Naturally molds to babies body yet firm, which aligns the spine and makes them feel fully supported and grounded.
- The air flows freely and constantly through the hulls for a safer rest.
- Perfect maternity pillow to alleviate belly pressure.
- Breathability no overheating, no chemical smell.
- Hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant, non-toxic.
- Distributes weight evenly.
- Constant ventilation.
- Comforting, soothing sensory pillow.
- Durable heirloom quality with full year warranty.
- Renewable designed to last 10+ years
- Reduces exposure to radiation.
When baby arrives it will provide stable comforting support, protecting your tender womb. Especially helpful if you have had a c-section.
Keeping baby close, properly supported, at the perfect height and angle to you, assisting in obtaining a natural and proper latch.
It is important to be relaxed during this time, having the sensory weighted moon pillow will reduce your anxiety and in turn reduce babies stress levels. The filling is move-able yet stable, holds shape and form while being incredibly flexible.
You may adjust the firmness at any time by removing or adding hulls.
Spending anywhere from 12-16 hours a day feeding your little babe during the first 6 months can be tough on your shoulders neck and back. While breastfeeding or bottle feeding, the Moon pillow takes the weight and strain off of you. While still being close, the breathable naturally temperature regulating pillow will minimize any sweating or discomfort.
To transfer baby from feeding to sleeping, the moon pillow holds the weight of your baby and limits the startle reflex. Oftentimes we try to lay our sleeping one down and they immediately wake up. Using the moon pillow to make this transition is much more successful.
Generously sized so that you will not be hunching or leaning over to reach your babies mouth. Supports and encourages many breastfeeding positions from cradle to football to nursing twins, even side-lying. The moon pillow Is also an excellent pillow for sitting, developing motor skills and tummy time. Other commonly used pillow functions are yoga practice, meditations, reading, stretching, using for a laptop or device rest which also has emf blocking aspects, used by massage therapists, chiropractic care, prenatal sessions, sound therapy and tuning fork sessions, used as a barrier to prevent rolling and many more.
- Recommend by chiropractors, midwives, doulas, yoga professionals, doctors, doulas & more.
- *Please do not leave baby unattended, staying with baby is best.
- Biodegradable, no synthetic materials.
- *You may add or remove hulls to achieve your preferred firmness level and replace filling as desired. Typically every few years.
- Periodically place in the sun to re-energize and disinfect.
- Removable Cover, see product care
Large surface area of 33"x 16"x 9"
Casing: Organic Cotton (Connecticut)
Inner Fill: Organic Buckwheat Hulls (South Dakota)
Exterior Cover: Portugal Linen
Zipper: YKK Organic Cotton + Brass (Tokyo)